Congressman Thornberry offers unpaid semester and summer internships in the Amarillo, Wichita Falls, and Washington, DC offices.
Two interns are selected for the Washington, DC office for the fall and spring semesters. District internships are filled on a need basis.
The number of Summer interns in the Washington, DC office may vary depending upon space constraints.
The program will offer the intern the opportunity to learn how a congressional office works. The intern will work with the administrative, legislative, and communication branches of the office. The intern will also experience the many unique opportunities Washington, D.C. has to offer.
- The intern must be a Texan with a permanent home in the 13th Congressional District or in the state of Texas. Preference will be given to applicants residing in TX-13 or attending college in TX-13.
- The intern should have completed at least one year of college prior to beginning the internship program.
- The intern must submit an application for the position. If you’re not selected you may re-submit your application for the following semester or summer.
- Fall internship applications will be accepted through May 1
- Spring internship applications will be accepted through November 1
- Summer internship applications will be accepted through March 15
No applications will be considered after the deadline. These deadlines are enforced so that the intern, if chosen, has ample time to secure housing for the internship period. Interns are required to find and pay for their own living arrangements during the internship.
In addition to filling out the form below, you must submit a resume and cover letter to ThornberryInternships@mail.house.gov for consideration.