Home / Constituent Services / Federal Agency Help

Federal Agency Help

How I Can Help?

One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help people in our district with federal problems. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. 

Representatives in both of my district offices are trained to help with questions and concerns you may have. 

In order for my office to assist you with casework, you must: 
1. Be a resident of the 13th District of Texas; and
2. Have an issue involving a federal agency.
If you meet these criteria, and would like assistance, please complete a privacy authorization form, unless this is a U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) matter.  If this is a USCIS matter, please complete a USCIS - Privacy Release Authorization Form.  Because of the Privacy Act of 1974, federal agencies/departments cannot release information on an individual, nor discuss an individual without their written consent.  Below you will find a list of agencies that I can help you with. 

Please click here for a printable version of the privacy authorization form and then fax or mail the completed form to one of my district offices listed below. 


Amarillo Office
620 South Taylor Street, Suite 200 
Amarillo, 79101-3541
T (806) 371-8844 F (806) 371-7044
Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 (CST)


 Wichita Falls Office
2525 Kell Blvd, Suite 406 
Wichita Falls, Texas 76308 
  T (940) 692-1700 F (940) 692-0539
Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 (CST)

Once your information has been received, a member of my staff will contact you and we can contact the appropriate federal agency on your behalf.  Casework does not produce immediate results and we cannot force a federal agency to comply with our request or overturn a final decision.
If you have a concern which involves a state agency (rather than federal), you may want to contact the office of Governor Greg Abbott or your state legislator.

Which agency do you need help with?

Department of Labor

Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Education

Department of Housing and Urban Development

Internal Revenue Service



Office of Personnel Management

Passport Service

Social Security Administration

State Department - Visas & Foreign Travel

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Casework Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s)

Q: The federal agency has denied my claim/application. Can you help me appeal the decision? 
A: While my office can make an inquiry on your behalf about the status of a pending case, or for clarification on the reasons for a denial, it would be inappropriate for me to compel any agency to decide an issue in your favor, or to overturn a decision that is final.  You should first contact the agency for information on your appeal options if your case has been denied.  

Q: Can you help me expedite my claim or application with a Federal agency? 
A: Each agency has set criteria for considering requests to expedite a claim.  You should first contact the agency/office where your claim or application is being processed directly to determine what is required for the agency to consider expediting your case.  If you have trouble contacting the agency, please send your privacy authorization form, along with the evidence showing a need for expedited attention, to one of my district offices listed above.   

Q: Can I request casework for a matter involving an agency under the jurisdiction of the state or county?
A: As a U.S. Representative, my staff has access to liaison offices for all U.S. Federal agencies.  State and local agencies are outside of my jurisdiction as a U.S. Representative.  For assistance with state or local agencies or departments, you may want to contact the office of Governor Gregg Abbott or your state legislator.

Q: Can you help me with my legal case or court hearing? 
A: U.S. House of Representative rules prohibit me and my staff from giving legal advice or intervening in court proceedings.

Q: Why do you need my complete Social Security number?
A: When my staff contacts a federal agency on your behalf, our liaison at that agency will need to verify your identity and retrieve information connected to your case in order to address your concerns.  In most cases, the best way to verify your identity and to look up your case history is with your Social Security number.  For immigration cases, an alien registration number or passport number is preferred.  We do not divulge your Social Security number or any other private information without your consent.

Q: Where can I get information on federal grants?
A:  If you would like my office to send you a Federal Grants Guide booklet, please call us with your request. You can also visit http://www.grants.gov/ for more information.

Email |  Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Video Mailbox