Home / Constituent Services / Federal Agency Help

Federal Agency Help

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

My office can contact U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) officials on your behalf to obtain the status of a pending application or to obtain information that you need. However, I will need your written permission to help with most USCIS matters, begin by printing and filling out a USCIS - Privacy Release Authorization Form and then fax or mail it to one of my offices listed below. 

Please understand that neither I nor my staff can dispense legal advice on how to handle a USCIS case. You may want to contact an attorney that specializes in immigration related issues or immigration law if you need more specific assistance or legal advice of any kind.

You can visit the USCIS website to obtain information on every type of form, addresses for offices, information on fee changes, and a place to order forms online or through the mail.  The USCIS automated information line is available 24 hours a day. The number is: 1-800-767-1833.


Amarillo Office
620 South Taylor Street, Suite 200 
Amarillo, 79101-3541
T (806) 371-8844 F (806) 371-7044
Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 (CST)


 Wichita Falls Office
2525 Kell Blvd, Suite 406 
Wichita Falls, Texas 76308 
  T (940) 692-1700 F (940) 692-0539
Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 (CST)

How can I find out the status of my paper work?
  1. The first place to check is on any receipt notice you may have received from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). On that form there may be an estimated time of how long it will take to process the type of paperwork you filed. You should usually wait until that estimated time has passed before inquiring further. USCIS officials and my office are typically unable to check on any paperwork that is still within the normal processing time. 
  2. The USCIS website is very convenient and easy to navigate. Many of your general questions or concerns regarding applications and standard immigration procedures may be found there. However, you are always welcome to contact my office if you would prefer to actually speak with someone about those questions and concerns. My staff is always glad to assist you in any way they can.

U.S. Customs and Immigration Service Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am a business owner and want to participate in the E-Verify Program. How do I obtain more information about it?
A: E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by USCIS in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). E-Verify is currently free to employers and is available in all 50 states. E-Verify provides an automated link to federal databases to help employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Q: Where can I obtain USCIS forms?
A: You can obtain USCIS forms for free from their official website, or order by mail or phone at 1-800-870-3676. Don't pay anyone for copies of USCIS forms.
Q: Where do I find out the current USCIS processing times for my request?
A: You can find information on processing times, or the status of your case on the USCIS's case status service web page.
Q: Where do I submit my USCIS forms?
A: You can visit the USCIS' Service and Office Locator to determine where you should submit your USCIS forms.
Q: How can I report the misconduct of an USCIS employee?
A: Anyone with knowledge or suspicion of criminal violations, misconduct, wasteful activities or allegations of civil rights or civil liberties abuse by a USCIS employee should report specific information to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of the Inspector General. Such a report should include the:
  • Date, time and location of the incident
  • Specific nature of the alleged misconduct
  • Name(s) of employee(s) involved

You can make a report by any of the following methods:

  • Toll-free DHS Hotline at 1-800-323-8603 
  • By fax at (202) 254-4292    
  • File an online complaint at: Office of Inspector General (OIG) Hotline
  • By mail to the following address:
    Department of Homeland Security
    Attn: Office of the Inspector General Hotline
    245 Murray Drive, Building 410 Stop: 2600
    Washington, D.C.  20528